Tuesday, January 13, 2015

So uncomfortable!

How far along: 34 1/2 Weeks

Total Weight Gain/Loss: A little over 30 lbs. 

Maternity clothes: None of my "cute" maternity clothes fit me anymore. Not much fits me at all. I kind of feel like a beached whale. I like wearing black because my belly band isn't as obvious. NOTHING looks flattering anymore. I am definitely past the "cute" pregnancy stage. 

Stretch marks: Yep. I'm fine with it. (The varicose veins...not so much.)

Sleep: Still not sleeping well. At all. I wake up to pee and when I do, my back hurts so much, it's sometimes difficult to fall back to sleep. Plus Oliver and Josh get up in the night from time to time. 

Best moment last week: I finished the cushion part of the window seat for the nursery last night. So excited to see it come together.

Movement: I'm feeling lots of movement, especially in the early morning and night. Your kicks are getting stronger and feel lower.

Food cravings: Still sweets, especially chocolate. I try not to give in too much but it's pretty intense.

Baby Stats: I have a doctor appointment tomorrow so I should have an update after that.

Symptoms:  I can say all the same I did last time: still backaches, exhaustion, I feel "heavy" (I can feel the extra weight from carrying you bearing on my legs when I walk up the stairs). I'm getting more uncomfortable with each passing week. Bending is very difficult. I also have sleep issues and I'm feeling HUGE. But it's all more intense and exhaustion is unreal. Plus I feel dizzy a lot. Once 4:00 hits, I often have to steady myself on something. The doctor said this is normal, especially for mothers who have other kids to take care of and slack on self-care a bit. That would be me. I also have varicose veins all down the back of my thighs and knees. I'm not thrilled about this development. I feel like I have been pregnant FOREVER! I can't believe how long this pregnancy is feeling to me. My other two went by so much faster. 

Labor signs: None but I'm feeling more pressure, like you're trying to get out. Getting closer. Update: I had my first non-stress test at my Dr. appointment yesterday. I was hooked up to a monitor for about 45 minutes, which recorded your heartbeat and movement. About half way through, Dr. Labesky asked me, "Are you feeling contractions?" I told her no. She said, "You've been having them for a while." She said it isn't concerning or pressing if I can't feel them and she will check me next week to see if I'm dilated at all. She did an ultra sound and fluid levels look good. But I have to say, this kicked me into gear as far as feeling a bit of urgency, especially because when I stopped to check the mail on the way home and got out of the van, I felt a contraction. I think more of the Braxton-Hicks variety and just one, but still...it motivated me to get the hospital bags packed last night...just in case you decide to make an early appearance. 

Belly button - in or out? Very much out.

What I miss: Having my body to myself and fitting into my size 6 clothes. Also, energy and sleeping better than I am. (Same as last time.) Also, going to the gym. I can't fathom it right now but I miss it still. 

What I am looking forward to: My Dr appointment tomorrow, just to get an update. Also, finishing the window seat for the nursery. 

No comments:

Post a Comment